Should you choose us to do your CD Mastering, you agree:
- You have reviewed and prepared your project according to our instructions.
- Click here to review preparation instructions
- If you're outside the Orange County area and do not have an account with us, we require a 50% advance deposit (either check, credit card or PayPal).
- The deposit is based on our estimated time needed for traditional mastering (even if you're doing Separations).
- Thus, if your project has 8 songs and we estimate between 1/2 and 3/4 hour per song for traditional mastering, then your project will take between 4 and 6 hours. 50% of 5 hours would be a deposit of $412.00.
- We deposit your check when we start the project.
We aim to accommodate your budget, but sometimes
there can be additional enhancements that are worth spending more time
So, let us know when booking (in BIG letters) if your budget can or cannot differ from your desired budget!
- Payment in full is required prior to delivery of CD masters.
- Masters are released upon receipt of full payment.
- If extra time beyond your deposit/package amount would be beneficial to your sound, we'll let you know the amount due so you can send payment and get your master quickly.
- All the information that the replication plant will need will be included with the mastered CD.
Shipping and Handling
If your project needs to be shipped, the shipping and handling charges range from $20.00 to $55.00 depending on carrier and price increases due to fuel costs.
We accept these major credit cards, checks and PayPal. Please phone us to make arrangements for payment.
- Attended sessions: One-to-two days
- Non-attended sessions: Varies
- Out-of-town clients: Book with us via phone, online or email so your time is reserved like all other sessions.
- Ship or FTP your project ahead of schedule to help expedite!
Note: When we have several deadlines occurring around the same time, we may need some flexibility in case projects we're working on need extra attention.
You unconditionally guarantee that you own, or have properly licensed the copyright of the material you submit to us for CD Mastering.
It is your responsibility to properly arrange for proper copyright of all material and sound samples contained on your submitted material.
You agree to hold Vestman Mastering harmless of any and all copyright infringement(s) that may arise.
Vestman Mastering shall not disclose any information about you (our client), your project, our relationship or material, unless you expressly give us permission to do so in writing.
We're happy to master all styles of music so long as the lyrics do not contain a lot of swear words, particularly around the topic of hate; contain any references to the illegal use of weapons or illegal drugs; or contain degrading statements toward women in any way.
Given the way that music can influence young people,
we feel that our work should stand as a positive statement.
We want to make a difference in our community,
and we appreciate your understanding.
Changes to the sound, edits or other creative aspects: Keep in mind when listening to your final MASTER CDR that you may decide you want additional creative changes.
Perhaps that solo piano would sound better if it were fuller in the low end -- or the fade on Track 6 should be a little shorter, etc.
These are artistic preferences and we will work with you within reason to accommodate these types of sonic and/or musical second thoughts.
Second thoughts are not defects on our part. We strive before and during a project to ensure that, as a part of your production team, we are all clear on exactly what you want for your project.
Communication, especially up front, is everything in this regard. When discussing changes, remember to differentiate between a defect and a preference.
The good news is that mastering is repeatable and changes are easy to make.
If you hear something that's bothersome, it's really helpful if you tell use the exact time in the song where the sound occurs that you have a question about.
Dolby Encoded Projects
If your master mix is analog and encoded with Dolby, there are extra charges. Please phone or email us for more information.
All CDRs Masters are "physically" guaranteed.
YOUR part of mastering is to take your reference CDR and listen to it on different systems to evaluate the sound, spacing between songs, edits, etc.
After you have approved your reference CDR, then it is YOUR part of quality control to listen to the actual master CDR you accept from us to be sure it's 100% perfect for you.
We would have to charge you for the time to listen "start to finish" to your CD, so in order to save you that cost, we hold YOU responsible for making the FINAL APPROVAL of the disc you will submit to any replication or duplication plant.
We will fix any mistake or error on our part at no charge, but we assume no liability for anything you accept from us.
- On very rare occasion, a click, gap or other unexpected sonic issue may occur in the audio on the disc that may or may not be caused by faulty media.
- Vestman Mastering can not be held liable for these errors. As a matter of course, if an audio error is found on a disc, the disc will be replaced at no charge to the client.
- Therefore, it is highly suggested that you take your replication master disc and listen to it at least one time "from beginning to end" on a quality CD player, through quality loudspeakers or headphones - remembering to also check for correct placement of track start locations and any CD text (may not appear on reference discs if DDP masters are used).
- Your part is also to keep your masters totally clean and free from scratches or dust! Do not listen to your master in a moving vehicle, as scratches commonly occur in those cases.
We want you to be happy with your mastered project.
- We guarantee that we will repair/replace any defective master.
- If you are not satisfied with the sound of your CD, please tell
use what adjustments you think will make you happy and we will strive
to do our best to make you satisfied.
- Keep in mind that if there is extra time involved, additional
charges may be incurred.
Please call us should you not be happy with the outcome and we will discuss how to make it right for you.
"Just got the CD in the mail today. I have one word for you. Wow! It sounds simply amazing. The level is perfect, everything sticks out from the music so much more, and the subtle details have all come to the front! Excellent work." -Jon King, Greenville, IL
"Your great mastering job got the low end fuller, while maintaining, and even enhancing the clarity of if all. Plus, it sounds like it's exploding out of all the sound systems I played it on!" -Michael Dulin, Lake Quivira, KS
|For more information and
Contact us or call now at 714-894-4000
Studio Policies & Terms
Our Terms & Conditions of Mastering